Chronic Condition Management for Pets in Raleigh
Offering Personalized Treatment Options
At Leesville Animal Hospital, we offer specialized care for a wide range of chronic conditions, which include anything from allergies to cancer.
No matter what chronic condition your pet lives with, our veterinarians understand the effect that illness can have on your pet's entire system. That is exactly why we create individual care plans for each and every one of our chronic condition patients.
Discuss your pet’s chronic condition with our veterinarians in Raleigh. Call us at (919) 887-8808.
Chronic Conditions We Frequently Treat
The term “chronic condition” can refer to a number of health conditions that are long-lasting or persistent in your pet's life.
We treat pets with:
- Allergies: Allergies are one of the most common chronic conditions that we treat. Just like people, our pets can suffer from allergies to any range of environmental stimuli.
- Cancer: As with humans, there are a wide variety of cancers that can affect your pet. There are many approaches to treating cancer and every individual cancer comes with its own prognosis.
- Chronic renal insufficiency: Chronic renal insufficiency is a disease in which your pet's kidneys lose the ability to filter waste from the body and maintain normal levels of electrolytes and water.
- Cognitive dysfunction: Cognitive dysfunction is what most people refer to as dementia in human patients. Cognitive dysfunction is a disease that develops as some pets age and presents a range of symptoms similar to those seen in human dementia.
- Cushing’s disease: Cushing's disease occurs when your pet's adrenal gland (located on top of the kidney) excretes excessive amounts of steroid hormones. Perhaps the most recognized of these hormones is cortisol.
- Degenerative valve disease: Degenerative valve disease presents itself in pets when the valves of the heart begin to degrade. As the valves in the heart change, they change the normal blood flow pattern to the heart.
- Diabetes mellitus: Just as with people, diabetes mellitus occurs when the pancreas is unable to produce enough insulin for the body OR when the body is unable to utilize the insulin that is being produced. These changes result in your pet's blood sugar being higher than it should be.
- Obesity: Obesity is another very common chronic condition that we see in many of our patients. Obesity is classified as a pet that is more than 30% over their ideal body weight. Unfortunately, obesity can cause many other significant health conditions.
- Osteoarthritis: As with people, osteoarthritis occurs in your pet when the cartilage and supporting tissues around their joints are damaged. Osteoarthritis is commonly seen in larger pets, obese pets, and elderly pets.
- Pancreatitis: Pancreatitis occurs when your pet's pancreas becomes inflamed. It can cause digestive enzymes to leak into your pet's abdomen.
- Periodontal disease: Periodontal disease occurs when tartar builds up on your pet's teeth and under their gum line. If left untreated, periodontal disease can lead to the loss of teeth, gingivitis, and infection.
Let us help treat your pet’s chronic condition. Call (919) 887-8808 to schedule an appointment today.
Why Trust Us?We Care for Your Companion
Minimal Wait Times
We pride ourselves on providing timely professional services and minimal wait times for you and your pets.
The Leesville Animal Hospital team remains up to date with the most recent veterinary techniques to provide the best experience to our patients.
Leesville Animal Hospital is a spacious and modern clinic that offers your pet a comfortable home away from home.
From our front desk associates to our pet hotel staff, you and your furry family members will always receive gentle and loving care.
Your Pet is in Good HandsReal Reviews from Real Owners
“They do a great job of creating a calm environment.”- Anna Emslie
“The technicians and admin staff are kind, patient, and compassionate.”- Ashley Weaver
“I never felt rushed in the exam room”- Kari T.