Pet Dental Care in Raleigh
Keeping Your Pet’s Teeth Clean & Pristine
Regular, thorough dental exams and hygiene practices are an important part of your pet's health. They help to prevent tartar buildup, address cracked or chipped teeth, and focus on causes of bad breath such as gum disease, infections, and abscesses. Without proper dental care and regular exams from your veterinarian, these ailments can not only cause your pet pain, but they can also take years off your pet's life!
At Leesville Animal Hospital, our vets know just how important it is to ensure that your pet receives top-tier dental care. They are trained in the most up-to-date dental procedures. Their skills in combination with our dental facilities provide your pet with the services needed to meet all dental and periodontal needs.
Call us at (919) 887-8808 to book an appointment for your pet’s next dental checkup.
Why Veterinary Dental Visits Are Necessary
Without proper dental care, your pet can experience a buildup of plaque, which can result in bacteria being released into your pet's bloodstream. This bacteria can then reduce your pet’s lifespan as the loose bacteria causes infection in critical organs and tissues such as the endocardium (the lining of a heart). In addition to regular tooth brushing and the provision of chew toys and bones, it is important to make regular dental visits to your vet!
In addition to making regular dental checkup visits to Leesville Animal Hospital, you can look out for signs of dental problems at home while brushing your pet's teeth.
Some things to look out for include:
- Refusal to eat
- Persistent bad breath
- A crust of plaque on the teeth that is yellow or brown in color
- Swollen or red gums
- Cracked, loose, or missing teeth
- Pawing at the mouth
- Bleeding gums
What We Offer
While we entrust your pet's regular dental hygiene to you, our pet dentists in Raleigh are trained in a wide range of dental procedures.
Visit us for:
- Dental cleanings: A thorough dental cleaning by your veterinarian removes plaque that has built up on your pet's teeth and below the gum line. If left uncleaned, plaque can lead to periodontal disease, tooth loss, infection, gum loss, and even bone loss. The frequency of dental cleanings required depends upon your individual pet's oral health, at-home hygiene routine, and diet among other things.
- Extractions: Dental extractions are sometimes necessary for a number of reasons, such as cracked teeth, crowded teeth, severe cavities, or infections.
- Dental x-rays below the gumline: Dental x-rays below the gum line provide an in-depth look at your pet's tooth health both above and below the gum line. This allows the veterinarian to view any possible trouble areas with tooth construction, tooth roots, or the bone around the tooth.
- Gingival resection: Gingival resection involves the removal of loose or diseased gum tissue to treat a number of conditions and symptoms in your pet.
- Ultrasonic cleaning: Ultrasonic cleaning utilizes ultrasonic technology to remove tartar from your pet's teeth.
- Hand scaling: Hand scaling is the manual removal of plaque buildup using a dental scaler, much like that used for human teeth.
- Dental polishing after scaling: Just as with people, polishing teeth after scaling helps to smooth your pet's teeth after they have been scaled. This makes it more difficult for plaque to attach to your pet's teeth after cleaning.
- Doxirobe antibiotic gel: Doxirobe antibiotic gel is a treatment option for pets suffering from advanced periodontal disease.
Reach out to us today for pet dental services in Raleigh. Just call (919) 887-8808.
Why Trust Us?We Care for Your Companion
Minimal Wait Times
We pride ourselves on providing timely professional services and minimal wait times for you and your pets.
The Leesville Animal Hospital team remains up to date with the most recent veterinary techniques to provide the best experience to our patients.
Leesville Animal Hospital is a spacious and modern clinic that offers your pet a comfortable home away from home.
From our front desk associates to our pet hotel staff, you and your furry family members will always receive gentle and loving care.
Your Pet is in Good HandsReal Reviews from Real Owners
“They do a great job of creating a calm environment.”- Anna Emslie
“The technicians and admin staff are kind, patient, and compassionate.”- Ashley Weaver
“I never felt rushed in the exam room”- Kari T.